Over the summer, TAG Maintenance Services completed a significant Falcon 2000LX upgrade project at its Geneva facility for a local operator. This aircraft is also available for charter.
As this project started at the beginning of the pandemic and the lockdown, the team's first task was to reorganize and divide the project schedule by shifts to allow all of the health and safety measures put in place to protect customers, partners and employees.
In addition to the C2-check and associated tasks, the customer asked the team to mirror his Falcon 2000LX to his newly delivered Falcon 8X in terms of cabin design, entertainment and communication systems. In order to make it similar, the team worked with the Falcon 8X wood plating sent by the Dassault completion center in Little Rock, Arkansas.
The project plan included:
- re-veneer of all cabinetry
- replacement of all cabin side wall panels
- re-upholstery of the seats and cabin
- replacement of all aircraft carpets
- installation of the Honeywell Jetwave KA-Band high speed Internet SATCOM
- installation of the Irridium Satcom system - Aircell Axxess II Level D
- installation of the newest IFE upgrade with Venue CSM and HD monitors
- replacement of the existing LED lightning system with a new BE/A "full spectrum" LED lightning system
- replacement of existing exterior cameras with full HD Otonomy cameras
The results of this major project met the expectations of the customer, who was pleased with the quality of the work.